Friday 23 September 2016

Home Learning - Week 3 - Apple Taste Test, Gymnastics, Back Brace, Subtraction

Andrew can tell math is getting easier for me. I am subtracting.
I took a spelling pre-test.
I went to the orthodontist.
Next time Dr. Chung is going to take my braces and spacer out - I am excited to chew gum again! I want to have a party with Carlo - he's a good one to celebrate with, because of his smile. He's always happy to see me. Right?
I am learning to do a hand stand in gymnastics...
and to walk on the balance beam.
Bear walking is easy.
Gymnastics is near my old house - I don't like the colour they painted it because I liked it blue. It makes me upset to look at it, but I want to drive by it because I like the house. I wish we lived there still, but we never will again.
We did an apple taste test. I loved the ambrosia apple. I hated the empire apple. Mom liked the honeycrisp. Apples make us burp. What's wrong with us!!?
This is a sugar plum. It smells exactly like my sugar plum smelly marker. I ate the whole thing. I mean the plum!
My brace is making my back straight. Scoliosis means your back is not straight and it will really hurt if you don't wear a brace, and you might have to have surgery. I wear it the whole day, except for  a break. It is painful, but I like the colour of it.
I did my homework while I waited for Serap to check my new brace.
Then I had a rest.
Later, I met some home schooling kids at the library and made a dream catcher. A dream catcher catches your bad dreams. I saw my old friend, Aidan.
Mom showed me how to make a bag from a t-shirt. I like it.
Our garden plot is growing grass! Is it from the horse manure?
I helped pollinate a squash flower. 
Oregano smells good. Put it in the oven. Turn off the heat. In the morning it will be dry.
One jar is for my dad.
We made salsa with it: tomatoes, onion, cilantro, oregano, chilli pepper, salt, lime.
We ate it with quesadillas. You can eat squash blossoms. I don't like them.
I went on a recycling treasure hunt: I saw a hilarious wallet, made from a milk carton.
The shelf is made from a plastic carton. I didn't notice there was a bug there.
We saw this lamp made from a cardboard box.
This homemade dog food was disgusting, but it was healthy for the dog - Cooper - that we met today. We went for a walk. I gave him a treat - I don't know what flavour, but I know it was a dog treat, not a human treat, for sure.

I am exhausted. I want to play on my tablet now. Yeah, exactly. Good-bye, You-tubers! Ha ha ha! (What's wrong with me?!)



Other Home Learning Posts

Home Learning, Day 1, Grade 4 - Smoothie, Recycling Rigid or Soft Plastic, Transfer Station, Compost
Home Learning - Week 2 Chai, Fruit Fly Trap, Garden Kiosk, Albinism
Home Learning - Week 3 Apple Taste Test, Gymnastics, Back Brace, Subtraction
Home Learning - Week 4 Subject/Predicate, Squash, Mint/Calendula Face Mask
Home Learning - Week 5 Slugs, Radish, Mushrooms
Home Learning - Week 6 Thanksgiving, Earthquake Kit, Soaring Eagle
Home Learning - Week 7 BC, +/- 1, Braces, Bees, Rain Water
Home Learning - Week 8 Pizza, Alberta, Halloween
Home Learning - Week 9 Dogs, Earrings, Adding White
Home Learning - Week 10 Christmas List, Cupcake Face Mask, Green Poodle
Home Learning - Week 11 Mango Lassi, Saskatchewan, 10 Partners, Cat
Home Learning - Week 12 Bees, World Book, Lip Balm, Seeds
Home Learning - Week 13  Memory, Sewing, Back Brace Adjustment
Home Learning - Week 14 Snow,  Salad, SPCA, Manitoba, Bison
Home Learning - Week 15 Christmas, Manure, Evil Sister
Home Learning - Week 16 Gerbil, Slime, Hummingbirds, Cocoa
Home Learning - Week 17 Ontario, Apple Taste Test, Denim Purse
Home Learning - Week 18 Thank You Notes, Math Without Help, Term Two Reflection
Home Learning - Weeks 19+20 Nerd Outfit, Quebec, Birthday
Home Learning - Week 21 Emotions, Ordering Numbers, Beaty Biodiversity Museum, Soaring Eagles #4
Home Learning - Week 22 Valentine's Day, Science World, New Brunswick
Home Learning - Week 23 Worried, Adding Tens, Nova Scotia, Science World #2, DIY Lip Gloss Soap
Home Learning - Week 24 Real-Life Math, Nap, Lonely, Wolfdogs, Spring, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Home Learning - Week 25 Schedules, Yukon, Pysanky, Bank Machine, Regrouping, Loved, Term 3 Reflections, Soaring Eagles #5
Home Learning - Week 26 Rotten Food, Embarrassed, Newfoundland and Labrador, Can Opener, Skating, Teacher Screecher, Rain Water, Slugs, Word Search
Home Learning - Week 27 Cheer, Fish, Digit Sequences, Spelling "ea", Sad, Spring 2, Matching Pictures, Butterfly Books, Math Review, Private Questions 2
Home Learning - Week 28 I Spy; Subtraction of Numbers Larger than 19, without and with Regrouping; Spelling "ee"; Frustrated; Ancient Greece; Nunavit; Quinoa Veggie Salad; Cat Whiskers; Dog Biscuit; Butterfly Cage; Baby Alive Food DIY
Home Learning - Week 29 Kitchen Scraps, Northwest Territories, Butterflies, Fort Langley, Bike Riding, Estimation, Helpful, Banana Orange Smoothie
Home Learning - Week 30 Watermelon, Money, Tired, Butterflies, Handsome Warren, Catnip, Water Measurement, OT Assessment 2, Rounding, Contractions, Silly, Soaring Eagles 6
Home Learning - Week 31 Ella Enchanted, Butterflies 3, Money, Story of Life 1, Watermelon 2, Sweet Pea, Tomatillo, Disappointed, Visual Memory, Adding Tens, Garden Beds, Muffins, Thank You to Carol, Contractions 2, Butterfly Cage, Ken
Home Learning - Week 32 Encyclopedia Brown, 41st Ave., Money, Chrysalides, OT Assessment 3, 600 Million Years, Mishka, Related Tens, Round-Offs, QE Park, Mother's Day Card, Acting and Dancing
Home Learning - Week 33 Butterflies, Estimating Sum and Difference, Thailand, Money Book, 600 Million Years 2, Library Holds, Mara the Meerkat Fairy, Soaring Eagle 6
Home Learning - Week 34 Castles, Planting Veggies, Long and Short "a", Butterfly Release, Banana Smell, Estimating Sum and Difference, Drawing v Colouring, Horrid Henry, Poppy Seed Pasta Salad, Pond Water 2, Trike Planter, Lush Gift Card, Beekeeping
Home Learning - Week 35 Money, 600 Million Years 3, Long and Short "e", Cirque de la Symphonie, Farm Visit, Sharks, Appropriate Questions, Microscope, Pandora, Telling Time, Estimation, Cheer

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy reading about your week. I agree the milk container wallet is very funny and your brace is a nice colour. I also liked your old house being blue. When new owners painted my old house, I thought it looked very odd. You have done some interesting projects this week. I want to make a bag like yours.
    Sincerely, Sheila

    ReplyDelete